Warning: this game contains flashing images. If this poses a health risk to you, please proceed with caution.
Scarlet Hollow is releasing episodically. If you'd like to try it out, you can download Episode 1 for free, which will share a save folder with any build you download here.
Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are currently out now — a single playthrough of all 3 takes about 6 hours, though over half of our players play through at least twice. Episode 4 is slated for release later this year.
Buying a key on this page will get you access to all of the remaining episodes as they release, in the form of free updates.
Abandoned mines sealed off after a deadly collapse, strange creatures preying on livestock, houses infested with vengeful spirits— the sleepy town of Scarlet Hollow has suddenly come alive with horrors, just in time for your arrival.
This was supposed to be a quiet getaway in the rural mountains of North Carolina where you’d finally meet your cousin and comfort her through the funeral. But instead, each new day welcomes new nightmares. You only have to survive a week. But you may not make it to the end in one piece.
- A heavily branching narrative where your choices matter. The relationships you forge and the decisions you make will dramatically alter your journey.
- Terrifying and funny. Charming characters and snappy dialogue flip to pulse-pounding horror at a moment's notice.
- Trait-based dialogue and role-playing. Scarlet Hollow's dialogue system is driven by role-playing elements that let you choose who you want to be. Are you quiet and observant? Hot and clueless? Can you talk to animals? 21 different character builds change how you interact with the world and how your story unfolds.
- A deep relationship system that changes how characters act around you. Characters don't just like or dislike you. Become friendly rivals, bitter adversaries, best friends, or mild acquaintances with everyone in town based on how you approach the story.
- Original monster designs inspired by Appalachian myths and cryptids. You won't find any predictable vampires or zombies here.
- Lots of romance options! Whether you're into goths, dads, Youtubers, mysterious recluses, actual monsters, or lo-fi beats to study and water your plants to, we've got all your bases covered.
- Dozens of meticulously hand-drawn and traditionally inked backgrounds. Every background in the game is drawn by hand and inked on massive 19x24 inch paper.
- Hundreds of immersive sprites. Each major character has dozens of hand-drawn sprites that interact with backgrounds and capture a full range of lighting, emotion, environment, and outfit changes.
Scarlet Hollow is a horror game and is not intended for all audiences. If you require a detailed list of specific content warnings, you can find one on our website.